This week Gracie Barra Learning will feature some variations of how to attack the straight armlock.
If you don’t know the straight armlock, you dont know Brazilian jiu-jitsu! This submission is incredibly versatile in terms of the numbers of setups and positions that you can catch the arm lock from.
1) Mounted Armlocks From GB Japan!
The classic straight arm lock from mount with cross collar choke combination.
2) Trick armlock from side control / Armlock partindo dos 100 quilos
This is a sneaky setup when your opponent is attempting to regain their guard. Note to the grip that allows the top attacker to spin the bottom opponent.
3) Mount armlock #2 / Variação do Armlock (partindo da montada)
When your opponent has blocked your arm lock attack by protecting their arm, a transitionto the opposite side will expose the other arm for submission.
4) Closed guard double attack / Ataque duplo da guarda fechada
This starts with a technique to break your opponent’s grip and defeat his posture.
5) Helicopter armlock from guard
This is not merely a fancy move that is only for show. It actually works! Pull this one off in rolling and you will be legend!
See also on Gracie Barra : Triangle Choke From The Guard
Credits: Mark Mullen
Gracie Barra Black belt based in Saigon, Vietnam