What comes after mastering the fundamentals? What is the next step in the Jiu-Jitsu journey?
The Gracie Barra Program Structure defines three main stages of development for students: the GB¹ Program – Jiu-Jitsu Fundamentals, the GB² Program – Advanced Jiu-Jitsu, and the GB³ Program – Expert Jiu-Jitsu. These stages indicate different maturity levels and students upgrade from one to the other in their own natural progression.
While the GB¹ Program focuses on the building blocks and basic principles of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, the GB² Program is built on high-level techniques and drills that start shaping the students game flow through the development of reflexes, speed and reaction time as well as transitions between one technique and another.
After a few months in the GB² Program students typically experience a deeper involvement in GB’s philosophy, a stronger bond with training partners as well as more discipline and commitment to healthy habits that keep them in good shape.
GB² Program classes are based on a defined class structure and curriculum that take a broad and open-minded approach, incorporating techniques from different grappling styles like wrestling, judo, sambo, and, of course, Gracie Barra Jiu-Jitsu.
It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen. – John Wooden
Benefits of Joining our GB² Program – Advanced Jiu-Jitsu
- Learn the most effective take down techniques adapted to Jiu-Jitsu
- Develop transitions between Jiu-Jitsu techniques
- Experience further improvements in overall fitness level
- Gain a better understanding of different aspects of Jiu-Jitsu
- Start shaping your Jiu-Jitsu game flow by working with the instructor on your favorite techniques
- Step up to participate in Jiu-Jitsu competitions
- Train in over 150 different locations in the United States and 600 more worldwide
- Free access to the school’s events and special classes
When practice is more important than your next belt, you have become a GB student
As a new student or someone who is moving up from the GB¹ Program, you’ll find the GB² Classes perfect for taking your Jiu-Jitsu to the next level. At this stage you start developing a Jiu-Jitsu game flow and the instructor will be closely looking at your specific needs. At the end of class, you’ll engage in live training drills that are exciting and fun. Every training partner will present you with a unique challenge that requires strategic thinking to effectively deal with it. Now grab your GB uniform and get to class!