Close your eyes and imagine a world without Jiu-Jitsu. Let’s say that someone was able to rewrite history and forgot to include the dawn of Jiu-Jitsu. Can you imagine how it would be like?
Imagine no Gracie Barra schools. Imagine a convenience store, or a doughnut shop built on the same lot where you used train. Imagine a world where there is no Jiu-Jitsu, or a world where Jiu-Jitsu never existed at all.
I have been playing with the thought. Let’s paint the picture.
1. No Gracie Diet. Imagine life without the ever famous Gracie Diet. The balanced lifestyle of eating proper will not exist. Therefore, most of us maybe enjoying other means of dieting.
2. There would less volunteer work being done, less donations handed out to the homeless, lesser smiles made.
3. We will see more kids being bullied. We will see these in the news.
4. No one screams “Oss” in Jiu-Jitsu tournaments. There won’t be any in the first place
5. The phrase “Champions in Life” by professor Orlando Sanchez of Gracie Barra Pasadena will not come exist.
6. Anderson Silva wouldn’t have won against Chael Sonnen in their first outing. That arm bar wouldn’t have been possible.
7. For those who found direction and purpose in Jiu-Jitsu, in a world where it never existed, I wish that something else saved them.
8. I believe our favorite Gracie Barra leaders would be a photographer, an entrepreneurs, or a wildlife conservationists, or still be professional athletes.
9. Less trips to the rehabilitation clinic. LOL
11. The epic fight between Royler Gracie vs. Eddie Bravo wouldn’t have happened. We wouldn’t be enjoying it on YouTube, and showing it to our friends how awesome BJJ is.
12. No Gracie Barra Kids Summer Camp.
13. You wouldn’t be reading this. I would be somewhere, with some other company, writing something insignificant which will make little or sense to me. Jiu-Jitsu has given me direction. A beautiful topic to write about.
14. You wouldn’t be meeting great friends, or make awesome acquaintances. However, these individuals will still exist. Somewhere, doing some other thing.