Gracie Barra Gainesville is the back-to-back (2022 and 2023) winner of the prestigious “Best of Hall” Readers’ Choice award for best Martial Arts/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Dojo.
What is it that makes Gracie Barra Gainesville so special?
1. Our location – We are conveniently located off of Dawsonville Highway with easy access from Gainesville, Dawsonville, Cumming and other surrounding areas.
2. Our facility – Is large (~3,000 square foot) and state-of-the-art, with an elevated training space to soften impact on the mats, his and her locker rooms (both with showers), filtered water bottle filling station (offered at no cost) and ample mat side seating with additional seating from our bright and open lobby. All of this is backdropped by beautiful Lake Lanier.
3. Our instruction – We have the highest ranking instructors in Hall County, with Multiple Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Blackbelts on our team: Head Instructor Nielsen “Grillo” Nunes (4th degree), Ray Goodie and several others. All of our Blackbelts are under 5th degree Blackbelt, Professor Fabio Costa.
4. Our lineage – We are proud of our Carlos Gracie Jr. lineage. Grand Master Carlos Gracie (founder of Gracie Jiu Jitsu) –> Master Carlos Gracie Jr. (founder of Gracie Barra) –> Professor Fabio Costa
5. Our culture – We live the family values, where we are here to help each other in our BJJ journeys. We train together, lift each other up and have many special events throughout the year to celebrate each other and what our family has accomplished. We are inclusive of all walks of life and value the diversity of our members. It is our family values and diversity that make us Stronger Together!
6. Our memberships – Are one flat monthly fee with no hidden or surprise charges (e.g., registration fee, etc.) and include unlimited training for our Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Kickboxing/Muay Thai, Krav Maga and Competition training classes. Plus, your membership includes all events (Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter celebrations, Parents Night Out, UFC watch parties, etc.)
7. Our people – From the moment you walk into Gracie Barra Gainesville, you will feel welcomed into our family. Our staff, students and parents are wonderful people. Each of us love sharing the beauty of the “Gentle Art” of Jiu Jitsu and we can’t wait to share it with you.
Most importantly, all of our Staff/Instructors undergo and have passed annual background and criminal checks through SentryLink. With Gracie Barra Gainesville, you can have peace of mind that the people that are leading you or your kids are law abiding citizens. If you’re evaluating other gyms, do your research on their Staff & Instructors!
As the African Proverb says, “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” Come join the family at Gracie Barra Gainesville where we will reach our goals, etc. TOGETHER!
Our Weekly Schedule
Professor Dustin Proctor
Dustin Proctor is a long-time martial artist who held a professional MMA record of 9-1 and has over 15 years of coaching experience. Professor Dustin is a veteran who served in the Air Force Security Forces and served 2 tours in the Middle East. On a personal level, Professor Dustin has been married for over …
Professor Nielsen “Griilo” Nunes
Nielsen Nunes is Co-owner and Head Instructor for the Adults. Professor Nielsen “Griilo” Nunes was born and raised in Brazil and has been doing Jiu Jitsu for 27+ years. As a 4th degree Black Belt, Professor Griilo is known for his world class Jiu Jitsu and the amazing relationships he builds with people. His depth …
Professor Shawn McMorrough
Shawn McMorrough is the Co-owner and Head Instructor for the Kids program at Gracie Barra Gainesville. Professor Shawn started his journey over 14 years ago under Renzo Gracie lineage. In 2017, Shawn joined the Gracie Barra family where he received his Purple and Brown belts under Gracie Barra 5th degree Black Belt, Professor Fabio Costa. …
Professor Ray Goodie
Ray Goodie is an Adult Instructor for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Krav Maga at Gracie Barra Gainesville. Professor Ray is a 1st degree Black Belt under Gracie Barra 5th degree Black Belt, Professor Fabio Costa.