What comes after mastering the fundamentals? What is next on the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu journey?
The Gracie Barra Program Structure defines three main stages of development for students: the Fundamentals Program, the Advanced Program and the Black Belt Program. These stages indicate different maturity levels and students upgrade from one to the other in their own natural progression.
While the Fundamentals Program focuses on the building blocks and basic principles of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, the Advanced Program is built on high-level techniques and drills that start shaping the students game flow through the development of reflexes, speed and reaction time as well as transitions between one technique and another.
After a few months in the GB Advanced Program students typically experience a deeper involvement in GB’s philosophy, a stronger bond with training partners as well as more discipline and commitment to healthy habits that keep them in good shape.
Advanced Program classes are based on a defined class structure and curriculum that take a broad and open-minded approach, incorporating techniques from different grappling styles like wrestling, judo, sambo, and, of course, Gracie Barra Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen. – John Wooden
Benefit of Joining our Advanced Program
- Learn the most effective take down techniques adapted to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Develop transitions between Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu techniques
- Experience further improvements in overall fitness level
- Gain a better understanding of different aspects of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Start shaping your Jiu-Jitsu game flow by working with the instructor on your favorite techniques
- Step up to participate in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competitions
- Train in over 100 different locations in United States and 300 worldwide
- Free access to the school’s events and special classes
When practice is more important than your next belt, you have become a GB student
As a new student or someone who is moving up from the Fundamentals Program, you’ll find the Gracie Barra Advanced Classes perfect for taking your Jiu-Jitsu to the next level. At this stage you start developing a BJJ game flow and the instructor will be closely looking at your specific needs. At the end of class, you’ll engage in live training drills that are exciting and fun. Every training partner will present you with a unique challenge that requires strategic thinking to effectively deal with it. Now grab your GB uniform and get to class!