Social Media Coordinator needed for Gracie Barra’s Corporate Headquarters in Irvine, CA. Hours are Monday through Friday, nine to five. Job duties include: writing, internet research, conducting interviews, sending e-mails, engaging with online communities, designing newsletter, editing videos, organizing mailing lists and image database and more. Previous experience in an social media brand promotion and community engagement required. This is a full-time position with health benefits. Applicant must be available to work at our office in Irvine mon-Fri. Please e-mail résumé if interested. Compensation starts at: $10 per hour.
The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for implementing and maintaining communications and online community engagement strategies with a resourceful approach to support Gracie Barra’s Jiu-Jitsu for everyone project led by its franchising and clothing divisions. In addition, the Social Media Coordinator must support the work of hundreds of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructors helping promote Gracie Barra on the communities where they teach and live in.
With excellent organization and communication (specially writing) skills, the successful candidate will be a detail-oriented, selfmotivated, highly creative thinker with a strong aptitude for multitasking multiple projects and tight deadlines. He or she must have vast experience promoting brands and building communities though major social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and Youtube. There is also a strong need for the candidate to be familiar with SEO strategies, metrics and Wordpress blogging.
• Manage Gracie Barra blogs creating SEO friendly posts and responding to comments;
• Write articles for Gracie Barra Blogs;
• Scan the internet and specific social media channels for interesting information from Gracie Barra Schools to be posted on Gracie Barra’s Blogs and social media channels;
• Optimize news releases for search engines & social media consumption.
• Use various forms of social media to monitor, respond and engage the information being propagated about
products and brands to form deeper loyalties with key stakeholders;
• Maximize interaction with, and use of, all forms of social media applications, including blogs, social networking sites, chat rooms/discussion boards, wikis, RSS feeds, pod-casts/vod-casts, newsgroups, ListServes, virtual worlds, people-finder tools, widgets, the organic search engine optimization for Google, Yahoo, Flickr, Twitter, Digg, Technorati, and more by engaging with each online community using profile characters, widgets, badges, viral gifts etc.
• Create profiles across all suggested social networks to build communities and drive critical mass to the main site.
• Manage and interact with each social network on a daily basis to keep communities engaged.
• Make daily posts at Gracie Barra’s social media channels to promote initiatives, brands, projects, events, teaching methods, and the Jiu-Jitsu Lifestyle;
• Responsible for the organization and management of events that will be hosted by Gracie Barra and promoted via social media and blogs;
• Write and design newsletters;
• Organize image database;
• Organize and nurture mailing lists.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org