Now that you have gained top control, the question becomes: How do you attack? This week, Gracie Barra brings you 6 Submission Attacks from top control.
1) Double Attack from the Mount with Prof. Philipe Della Monica
The mount is the most dominant top position in jiu-jistu. Combine your attacks to keep your opponent guessing.
2) 2 Lapel Chokes From Side Mount Control
Side control is a stable position to control your opponent and apply heavy top pressure.
3) A tricky leg submission from side mount
Opponent defending your attempt to mount? Catch them with this leg attack that they won’t see (figuratively and literally!) coming.
4) Prof. Marcos Perez Teaches Triangle Attack from Side Mount
* This is a GREAT triangle variation for students with shorter legs!
5) Professor Marcelo Rezende attacks with a surprise armlock from Side Control
This variation of arm / shoulder lock is known as “waki gatame” in judo and is usually performed standing in a self defense situation.
6) Professor Flavio Almeida shows how to attack the Arm Triangle in transition
Can you submit your opponent from half mount? Flavio Almeida shows how with a choke that is effective with or without the kimono.
read also: Specific Training: A Great Training Method
Credits: Mark Mullen
Gracie Barra Black belt based in Saigon, Vietnam