Gracie Barra on Jiu-Jitsu for Kids: The Animal Races Drill
On the video below, we explain how to do the famous Animal Races Drill. This is a great activity to do on the Jiu-Jitsu Kids Classes and will maintain your kids in great shape while developing coordination and strength.
Here are a few tips for you to run this drill at your school:
- Ask the students to pick 5 animals;
- Make sure you have drills for animals they pick;
- Establish a start line and an finish line;
- Students must cross the mats as fast as they can imitating the animal they chose.
- Once students get to the finish line, they must jog back to the start line using the edges.
The Gracie Barra Association has recently launched the 3rd version of its Future Champions Program. The instructors manual was released to instructors from premium schools nationwide and a support website is now available with Videos of techniques to be taught every week. Schools can buy the manual at www.barramarketing.com
GB Association Team